A little about a lot

Monday, September 15, 2008

12 days and cohabitation

Last night I had my first ever dream about the wedding day. I don't remember a lot except for the flowers. They weren't even the flowers I picked out but they were wonderful!

So, we have 12 days. And that seems insane to think about and at the same time like the longest week and five days EVER. Like, EVER.

Things are pretty much ready to go. We need to print and fold the programs, write some thank you notes for the wedding party, and come up with a play list for background music during the reception. The to-do list is beautifully short.

But just to try to keep my stress level high-functioning, I've turned my attention to the task of moving. We have to move me out of my apartment before we leave Hutch for the wedding.

Kids, I'm moving in with a boy.

A boy who does not own a toilet brush.
A boy who doesn't think to wash his sheets.
A boy who rinses off his knives and sets them behind the sink and then uses them again.
A boy who has a couch with absolutely no innards (aka - the man eating couch) that he absolutely REFUSES to part with.
A boy who loves me to the point that when he says "You have no idea how much I love you," I believe him.
A boy who promised to clean his bathroom, has already cleared out space in his closet for my clothes AND SHOES and who says "whatever you want honey" when I talk about how to arrange the furniture.

Yup. :) I pretty much can't wait.

4 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

right on mama. sounds like your kind of guy. just say "yes dear" so everything and all will go well. trust me on this one. buy a toilet brush and plan to use it. his idea of cleaning a bathroom prob means picking up underwear - clean and dirty - and towels.
from the one of many lovers. aunt lovely

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Has he ever contracted E. Coli from this knife washing habit?

Also, you should probably coordinate your snooze alarms. I'd recommend a limited use rule.

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

his knife washing habit has probably given him a cast iron stomach!

i DO like your boy!
peggyb

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous j detrich said...

Sounds like he'll soon be getting lots more joy and rules in his life. Ha! Can't wait to see you tie the knot. 4 days and counting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home