A little about a lot

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Aug. 28

Today is not my favorite day.

I'm sick. Picture a big walking, throbbing nose.

Woke up at 6 a.m. so I could give a presentation about Greensburg to the Lion's Club. Really didn't make it out of bed till 6:20 and then in a panic. They meet at 7 a.m. at, not kidding - a funeral home.

When I got to the funeral home I went in what I thought was the south door. Really, it was the north door (no internal compass) and I was dangerously close to the embalming room. I FREAKED OUT, and then woke up some lady sleeping on a couch.

Drove to work. I am fish sitting for a co-worker. It's a beta named Spot and every time I come to my desk after being away for awhile, Spot goes NUTS in his little bowl. I'd like to think he is happy to see me, but I think it is more like "DIE DIE DIE!" So, the fish hates me.

About 11 a.m., after four hours of work and going to one assignment, I realized my shirt was on backward.

Went home for lunch, snorted a baking soda/salt/water mixture up my nose, slipped into a coma for 45 minutes, woke up, turned my shirt around and came back to work.

It is now 1:50 p.m. I feel like I've had enough of this day.

3 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Picturing a walking, throbbing nose is gross.

2. You have hit the peak of the Hutch social society -- the funeral home Lions Club. Nowhere to go but down from here.

3. Picturing the fish saying DIE DIE DIE is awesome.

4. You snorted WHAT? Um, seriously, try some sudafed or something.

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah. The last post was me.

-- Brother.

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is my 9/4/2008. SMH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home